I am currently starting some new open-source projects and I feel it is tedious to do some recurrent tasks. For example:
- Promote this blog post in social media
- Announce a new release.
These systems provide:
- Triggers: they are the starting point of what will happen after.
- Actions: they react to previous steps on the described flow.
An example of this is the next flow:
- In IFTTT, if a new feed item exists in the RSS of my blog, it's posted as a card in a Trello board.
- The Power automate flow looks for new cards on that column.
- Retrieve the content
- post it into medium
- Post into Twitter and LinkedIn about the new blog post.
As you can see, automation is cool and can save us a lot of effort by increasing our productivity.